Simply Sports Cars in Australia has done it again!
New Rear Toe Link Brace kit - for all Lotus Elise & Exige Toyota engined cars.
The SSC rear suspension Rear Toe Link Brace Kit has been developed to increase stability and minimize rear toe movement and the possibility of ball joint failure under extreme conditions. It achieves this by applying firm control over the rear suspension movement to increase stability in transition from heavy braking to corner entry.
SSC has developed this brace on their Exige race cars and are now offering kits for road / track cars.
The SSC brace differs from other solutions, in that the outer fixing at the hub is replaced with a CNC turned and tapered high tensile steel fixing and all movement is via 4 Teflon lined QA1 chrome moly Heim joints. The kit also includes a brace tube. In the event of a side impact, SSC uses turned aluminium link arms which will bend before the end fixings shear. This will protect the chassis and reduce the weight of unsprung components. The brace tube holds the inboard joints in double shear and spreads any side load over both chassis bolts.
- Taper hub fixings, chassis adapters and brace ends - all CNC turned from HT Swedish steel.
- Brace is seamless steel tube.
- Link arms are solid turned and knurled corrosion-resistant aluminum with left and right hand female threads.
- Chrome moly, Teflon-lined QA1 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch Heim joints.
- All steel items other than the Heim joints are zinc plated.
The kit is easy to fit and is completely reversible; you will need to have the wheel toe professionally reset.
Weight: - SSC Complete kit - Tube Brace, link arms, Heim joints, hub & chassis turnings, chassis bolts/nuts/washers = 2.3 kg. For comparison, the Lotus Sport Brace Kit weighs 3.77kg
- SSC kit of 'unsprung' items - Pair of alum link arms, 4 lock nuts, 4 Heim joints, pair taper hub fixings with 2 washers and 4 Nylocs = 1.4 kg. The pair of factory steel link arms + hub & chassis fixings and nuts = 2.4 kg.
Threads - Heim joints 1/2 inch UNF. Hub tapers 12mm x 1.5mm 'fine' pitch. Chassis bolts 10mm x 1.75mm pitch.